Cell Aquaculture Ltd is currently being recapitalised with the aim of reinstating the Company onto the Australian Stock Exchange. On the completion of the Recapitalisation Proposal the Company will retain ownership of the following key assets:
- The “Hatch to Dispatch” aquaculture system trademarked as the EcoCell system of aquaculture production. The system is a fully integrated, low risk, land based seafood production process aimed at the supply of premium quality seafood to major world markets.
- Cell Aqua Foods Pty Ltd, a wholly owned subsidiary of CAQ, primarily involved with value adding, packaging and distribution of seafood products in the Western Australian markets. It is not currently operating, and following the recapitalisation of the Company, the future of Cell Aqua Foods will be assessed.
- Cell Aqua Malaysia Sdn Bhd, a 90% owned subsidiary of CAQ that is currently completing the construction of a 250 tonne high density facility in Pagoh, Johor, Malaysia.
- TRG Cell Sdn Bhd, a joint venture project between CAQ and the Terengganu State Government that established a 100 tonne per annum, premium species production facility. The facility is currently not operating, and resumption of operations will depend on a review of the subsidiary, to be commenced once the recapitalisation has been successfully completed.
- C Aquaculture (Thailand) Limited – a retrofitted, existing land-based aquaculture operation with the specialised “Cell” filtration equipment, established as a low cost, high yielding, Australian barramundi production facility. The facility is currently not operating, and resumption of operations will depend on a review of the subsidiary, to be commenced once the recapitalisation has been successfully completed.